Monday, July 18, 2016

The Sarcasm Report v.257

July 14, 2016
MarketWatch: Opinion: How saving too much can make your retirement less satisfying - Chuck Jaffe

Chuck, you are absolutely right.

I'll try to find some meaning in my meager unsatisfying existence by playing with our dogs today, as I force back the tears, when deep down, all I really want to do, as an introvert and as a frugal saver, is invite total strangers into my home to install new granite countertops.

July 18, 2016
MarketWatch: Opinion: The Dow will have to hit 150,000 before you can retire comfortably - Chuck Jaffe

Chuck, you are absolutely right.

It's the curse of my life. On the 14th, you reminded me that I'm saving too much to be truly satisfied in retirement. Today, you remind me that I didn't save enough to be comfortably retired in the first place. Dow 150,000? I'm not even close!

No comments: