Friday, April 8, 2016

All's Not Well with Wells Fargo's Depositors

April 7, 2016
Warren Buffett's Biggest Dividend Stock Is on Sale

Importantly, Wells Fargo paid a minuscule interest rate of 0.08% on its deposits during the fourth quarter of 2015, and its total funding cost including all sources was just 0.25% in 2015.

Psst... Wells Fargo depositors. As a group, you are getting *%^# #%^*ed by your bank, pardon my language.

The government will sell you an I-Bond right now that yields 0.1% AND grows with inflation (as seen in the consumer price index) for up to 30 years. You can buy it online from the comfort of your couch.

Speaking of couch banking, my online savings account at Capital One currently yields 0.75%. It's trivial to transfer money in and out of it using my phone.

If you don't wish to be *%^# #%^*ed, then you might want to look into these options.

That said, I must apologize to Wells Fargo investors. I'm really not trying to *%^# #%^* you. Um, much. ;)

No comments: