Saturday, August 22, 2015

Three Examples of Premature Crisis Management

It's totally premature to speak of a crisis in China. - Carlo Cottarelli, IMF Executive Director, August 22, 2015

You cannot speak of a crisis.- Rafael Pacheco, Housing Director, Spanish Government, October, 2007

I met a girl at a bar and we ended up at her place.

I said, "I'm not very experienced and you are incredibly attractive. I should warn you that I can tend to be a bit premature in that situation, if you know what I mean."

She smiled and said, "We'll take it very slow. How premature do you think you will be?"

I replied, "Well, do you remember the last thing you said to me at the bar?"

She said, "I asked you over to my place for sex?"

"Yes, you did. I don't mean to blame you for the current crisis, but were those last two words of your question really necessary? Had I known you would say them, I would have been thinking of baseball!"

Shame on me. Bad Mark! Bad! Bad! Hahaha! :)

No comments: