Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Real Dividend Growth Anarchy (Musical Tribute)

The following chart shows real dividend growth (adjusted for inflation) since 1940. I have added a polynomial trend channel in red (showing the growing anarchy) and an average in blue (3.73%).


Click to enlarge.

Yes, sir. This is just what soon-to-be retiring baby boomers need most. It's the kind of "steady" growth that only excessive leverage and/or risk taking can provide! Baby boomers need new shoes!

1. Three straight years well above the average! Woohoo!
2. No chance of ever returning to the mean! Woohoo!
3. Predictable and sustainable dividend growth from here! Woohoo!
4. Way to go Fed! Congratulations! You've won for all of us! Woohoo!



Too much sarcasm? Have I crossed the line?

Source Data:
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart

3 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

dearieme,

Shingles is, without a doubt, one of the most painful things I've ever had to endure. It wasn't unbearable (or the worst) over any given day but day after day the chronic pain takes its toll.

I have renewed sympathy for anyone suffering chronic pain (my girlfriend included).

And don't even get me started on burn victims. I can't begin to imagine the horror. My heart goes out to them. :(

bogwood said...

Welcome back, the most optimistic blog I follow,needed some cheeriness in the morning.

Stagflationary Mark said...

bogwood,

...the most optimistic blog I follow...

Hahaha! :)

I won't be able to keep up the optimism for long though, lol. Sigh.