Monday, January 20, 2014

The Ultimate Super Bowl

The following chart shows the inverse of manufacturing employment.


Click to enlarge.

Yes! The Ultimate Super Bowl! That's what I'm talking about.

Did you really think that I was going to post something about the Seahawks just because I live in the Seattle area? I'm not even going to dignify that question with a long response.

Go Seahawks!

And um, well, go manufacturing employment too I guess. Yeah, that's right. I'm sure that the long-term trend in the chart is finally reversing. Sure. Why not? Humans are finally winning over robots. Who couldn't see that one coming? Just look at the trend since the end of the Great Recession. The inverse is finally falling. It's clearly sustainable and we should therefore expect everyone to be working in manufacturing within the next few years. Oh, sure. It might be starting to curve upwards again but that's just something a pessimist might say. This is not a day for pessimism! Go Seahawks!

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Spock

It is common knowledge that the Fed has permanently put a stop to recessions. As seen in the chart, the inverse generally only starts to climb higher during recessions. That leaves us with the improbable. Right? The inverse is therefore not attempting to climb higher! It's all just a figment of our imaginations! Someone back me up on this. This is Puget Sound logical thinking at its finest. Did I say Puget Sound? Oops. Freudian slip! Go Seahawks!

Yes, yes. I'm filled with a renewed sense of irrational truth-seeking optimism and absolute faith in all officials! If everyone says the Fed won't allow another fumble gone bad, then who am I to argue differently? ;)

And lastly, I just have to say one more thing to be absolutely clear here.

Go Seahawks! :)

Source Data:
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart

No comments: