Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Corporate Profit Singularity (Musical Tributes)


Click to enlarge.

The initial singularity formed in the second quarter of 1968. What a moon shot!

April 18, 1968
The Telegraph: American Space Program Now Gearing Down to Slower Pace

There is a growing feeling in the space establishment that once astronauts have landed on the moon, they will have no other place to go for several years because of budget cuts that have trimmed to the bone all preparations for future missions.

It is as if the astronauts are heading for a dead-end on the moon.

Poppycock! We established an entire moon colony back in 1999. That's common knowledge to everyone who relies on the television for their mainstream information.

Space: 1999 - TV intro (season 1) HQ (1975)


There is no rational reason to panic at these altitudes. Why are we even talking about panicking anyway? I certainly didn't bring it up. What? It was something I said? Just ignore all those exponential trend failures I have posted here in the past if you are that worried about it. The exponential trend channel in the chart above is different. It is totally sustainable. And don't you worry about us being near the top of that trend channel again either. In sharp contrast to 1989, 1997, and 2006, only good things can happen from here. See? No reason to panic! You can invest with the same level of confidence you had back in 1982. Other than an inflation adjusted $8,000 per worker differential in corporate profits between then and now, nothing has actually changed.

The future's so bright I gotta put my space helmet on! We ain't done moon shootin' until I say we're done moon shootin'!

David Bowie- Space Oddity Original Video (1969)


Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much (she knows!)

See Also:
Sarcasm Disclaimer

Source Data:
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart

No comments: