Saturday, September 28, 2013

Quote of the Day

September 26, 2013
China investment opportunities today: Jim Rogers

"In the 19th century in America, we had 15 depressions, with a 'd', and yet we became the most exciting and successful country in the 20th century."

"China's gonna have a lot of problems. I don't know what or when or why, but I know it's coming. But when they happen, take advantage of the opportunity, don't throw up your hands and say 'oh gosh, now I'm going to Denmark to learn Danish' or something."

Based on what I've heckled about China on this blog in the past, I'd definitely be throwing my hands up if I moved to China to learn Chinese. I'd be surrendering to the totalitarian authorities. No doubt about it. Sigh.

So yeah, if forced to choose, I'd prefer to go to Denmark to learn Danish' or something.

I consider myself very fortunate to have been born in America. This freedom allows me to publicly state that I believe Jim Rogers is a total doofus. This is not his first quote of the day. He's always full of inspiring "sarchasmic" witticisms!

This post inspired by "The High Price of Digging Up Dirt in China" as seen at Credit Bubble Stocks.

1 comment:

Stagflationary Mark said...

I am officially declaring "sarchasmic" to be my all-time favorite word.

I also love Urban Dictionary's definition of it. I was the first to give it a thumb's up which I think makes me the first sarchasmic groupie! Yay!

When the other person just can't make the connection to a sarcastic remark due to a large chasm in their intelligence, humor, and/or knowledge base.

The sarchasmic void was just too large to ignore and I struggled to graciously extract myself from the date only 20 minutes into it.


LOL!