Monday, September 9, 2013

Long-Term Promise: More Cash! Less Work!

The following chart shows the 12-month moving average of real currency in circulation per American nonfarm payroll employee (July 2013 dollars).


Click to enlarge.

As seen in the chart, I think it pretty much goes without saying that this is not 1982. It does look a bit like World War II though. Is there another world war right now that nobody told me about?

I have not filed with the Federal Election Commission to run for President of the United States in 2016, but I'd certainly like to keep my options open. I therefore offer the following pledges so everyone knows where I stand on the tough issues facing our country.

If elected, I promise even more than more of the same! Even more cash! Even less work! The more cash and the less work the better!

Who wouldn't like that? In this increasingly digital age, we're currently $500 above trend! The prosperity is practically overflowing!

If you are a guy and you have a job in this more cash and less work environment, then I feel your pain. I'd like to ask you serious questions about the main issue that I assume affects you the most. How do you get your wallet to close with $8,600+ cash inside? Does this country need to make larger denomination bills? As of May 30, 2009, only 342 $5,000 bills were known to exist. What a tragedy!

If elected, I promise even larger denomination bills produced on the same quality paper that the smaller denomination bills are printed on!

On the off chance you are a bit shy of the $8,600+ in cash ($26,000 for a family of 3) then have no fear. Perhaps someone else does and it is on the verge of trickling down to you. I know you've been patient for 30 years so far, but perhaps you just need to be patient for a few more years!

If elected, I promise to patiently watch the cash trickle down with you! In no way, shape, or form shall I inhibit its ongoing progress!



See Also:
Sarcasm Disclaimer

Source Data:
St. Louis Fed: Custom Chart

No comments: