Sunday, January 1, 2012

The "Free Lunch" Weight Loss Plan v.007


Click to enlarge.


Click to enlarge.

I've risen above the 90-day moving average. Time to buy the dip?

Trust me on this one. 212 pounds is not a good entry point for long-term buy and hold investors. There's no value here. The chart is luring you in. Don't fall for the technical analysis!


In all seriousness, I climb 20 additional flights of stairs each and every day and will continue to do so well into the distant future. The holiday season is now in the rear view mirror. The days are starting to get longer again. I think the long-term weight trend can therefore still be safely assumed to be down. It is only a matter of time.

I've never tracked my weight like this before. The seasonal effects are more than I would have guessed. December wasn't as bad as November. I'm fascinated to see what January brings.

In any event, this plan is simply a lazy person's attempt to do the absolute least needed to attain and maintain a healthy weight. From where I sit, there's a fine line between the
sin of laziness and the virtue of patience. As always, I intend to ride that line! ;)

See Also:
The "Free Lunch" Weight Loss Plan v.000

4 comments:

Jazzbumpa said...

From my new habitat, very near the bottom of the cold, dark sea, having just dined on fine finny fishes, I wonder about all the stair-climbing, when there are perfectly branch-hangable trees available.

Cheers!
JzB

Stagflationary Mark said...

Jazzbumpa,

It is a pity that stair climbers don't come with low-hanging fruit branches to properly motivate some users. ;)

Troy said...

I was away from a scale for the last 3 days of the year so this is off a bit, but officially 204.7 to 204.3 here.

This morning was 207, which puts me back to mid-November, but I'm OK with that.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Troy,

You are doing great!

I'm hoping it is all downhill from here now that the November and December headwinds are behind us.