Thursday, November 11, 2010

Call of Duty

New 'Call of Duty' blasts last year's sales record

New 'Call of Duty' video game hits $360 million in 24 hours, blowing up entertainment record

In my opinion (as a self-admitted long-term video game junkie and one who made a career as computer game programmer), this is not irrational exuberance or a fad. At $60, a game such as this costs just 1/25th of an ounce of gold and provides many, many hours of enjoyment.

Games just keep getting better and better thanks to rapid increases in productivity miracles brought on by new technology. From where I stand, that's real prosperity.


Might want to rethink that gift of gold Christmas idea this year though. Just a hunch.

3 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

I offer a special thanks to all veterans this day. You all answered the call of duty.

I was listening to the radio today and someone offered an analogy.

Veterans offered our country a blank check that was good for any amount, including their own lives.

Honor isn't nearly enough to describe it.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Nice sentiments. Thanks Mark.

Stagflationary Mark said...

GYSC,

My dad served on the North Carolina battleship in WW2. I actually have a piece of that deck on my bookshelf that my girlfriend bought for me.

Battleship North Carolina

Moored in quiet dignity and majesty the Battleship NORTH CAROLINA, across the river from downtown Wilmington, beckons visitors to walk her decks.