Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ken Fisher's Idiocy (Musical Tribute)

I'm speaking of Ken Fisher's thoughts on the "new normal" of course. No disrespect intended.

Ken Fisher Dubs New Normal Idiotic, Sees Great Decade Ahead

“We are chimpanzees with no memory,” Fisher said at the Forbes Global CEO Conference in Sydney.

Can't argue with that. He makes a great point. Certainly won't see me dragging up old posts from 2007. That's all water under the bridge. It's all completely forgotten.

Skepticism and pessimism are normal sentiments for investors 18 months after the bottom of a bear market, according to Fisher, who said in July 2007 that the global credit crunch was “just all minor volatility” and “just fears of much ado about nothing.”

July 2007? Hey, that's just one month before I started an "Illusion of Prosperity" blog. I went bananas over our new republic! Get it? Chimpanzees? Banana republic? Hahaha! Sigh.

“We can quibble about details, but right now, we’ve got the world snarky, skeptical, pessimistic, which is normal a year and a half after the bottom of a big bear market,” said Fisher. “It’s what we always get.”

Snarky? Snarky??? Oh my!! We always get that around here. You betcha. Just look at my post labels. This is the 668th post with sarcasm in it. We can quibble about the details of course.

For what it is worth, here's my second sarcasm report on the day I started this blog. I think it still applies here.

August 31, 2007
The Sarcasm Report v.2

Fed Chief Vows to Protect the Economy

Isn't that just priceless?

President Bush confidently predicted the country would safely weather the financial storm.

We weathered it just like Ken Fisher predicted. We're still weathering it. It's like a 3 year tour.

6 comments:

Stagflationary Mark said...

Here's a bonus thought.

The Hunting of the Snark

"It's a Snark!" was the sound that first came to their ears,

And seemed almost too good to be true.

Then followed a torrent of laughter and cheers:

Then the ominous words "It's a Boo-"

Then, silence.


Hahaha! Woohoo!

mab said...

I think Ken Fisher and Dennis Kneale share the same gene pool. Not only are they both shills, but they are both incredibly annoying shills.

Fortunately for both Fisher & Kneale, Wall Street rewards rather than punishes incompetence and dishonesty.

mab said...

Psst! With the following link, you can subscibe to Fisher Investments' video links!

http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=fisherinvestments

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

Psst! With the following link, you can subscibe to Fisher Investments' video links!

I'm not quite sure how to read that.

I've either done something to seriously offend you OR... you are simply offering me more potential snark material, lol. ;)

George Clifford said...

I have a hard time squaring any cmments here with the fact that Guru Grades has him ranked as on of their best stock pickers. Plus, he runs a ton of dough for institutions like this outfit http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/2010-10-01/fund-mandates-of-the-week-30-09-10?mod=sectionheadlines-home-AM Since they have more money thatn I ever will, I'm inclined to think they know better what to do than someone with the time to run a blog.

Stagflationary Mark said...

George Clifford,

For what it is worth, the DJIA closed at 13,357.74 the day I first posted my thoughts on our country's "Illusion of Prosperity" over 3 years ago.

I retired at the age of 35 off of investing. That might at least partially explain why I have the time to write a blog.

I am and have been very concerned about the path our country is on and history shows that I have been justifiably concerned.

Meanwhile, Ken Fisher couldn't spot the housing bubble and the biggest credit bubble since the Great Depression even as both were bursting. Go figure.