Friday, July 16, 2010

That Great Sucking Sound (Musical Tribute)

Here's the seasonally adjusted CPI over the last 8 months.



Here's the seasonally adjusted musical tribute over the next 8 hours. Enjoy!



Consumer Sentiment Sinks To Lowest Level in 11 Months

The survey's preliminary July reading on the overall index on consumer sentiment plummeted to 66.5 from 76.0 in June.

The figure was below the median forecast of 74.5 among economists polled by Reuters.

"Income and job prospects were extraordinarily weak and those bleak prospects have made consumers much more cautious spenders," Richard Curtin, director of the surveys, said in a statement.


See Also:
I'm Deflationary

3 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

I had high hopes for this post based on the title!

Where do you find this stuff?

watchtower said...

I hope you'll forgive me Mark, but I could only make it thru 19 seconds of vacuum cleaner sounds.

I know, I'm weak.

Stagflationary Mark said...

GYSC,

I love searching for the obscure, and you have to admit that nearly 8 hours of continuous vacuum sounds is about as obscure as it gets, lol.

watchtower,

Don't beat yourself up! I will say that you missed a wonderful transition at the 4:51:50 mark though! ;)