Thursday, February 11, 2010

China's Parking Problems? (Musical Tribute)

Beijing's Zhuhai BNU Campus


That was 2006. Most of those students have probably graduated. That leads to an obvious question. Just where do you suppose all those bicycles are parked now?

Beijing Seen Vacant for 50% Commercial as Chanos Predicts Crash

“China is the only place in the world that despite having more empty buildings than the rest of the world has yet to reflect those valuations on their balance sheet,” Rodman said.

Gazing south from the building that houses the Beijing headquarters of Goldman Sachs, UBS AG and JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the first structures in the field of vision is a 17-story office tower at No. 9 Financial Street. Empty.

Farther along are the two 18-story towers of the Bank of Communications Co. complex. Dirt is gathering at the doors and the lobby is now a bicycle parking lot. A spokeswoman for the Shanghai-based lender didn’t return phone calls and emails.


Brilliant!

6 comments:

mab said...

Stag,

It's not about the bike!

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-About-Bike-Journey/dp/0425179613

It's about the trillions of bad debt (cancer) in the system.

Living with cancer. It appears Bernanke is hoping we will die with it, not of it. That's some strategy.

The Fed's Hypocritic Oath: Do not undo harm!

Sorry of the morbid post.

watchtower said...

"Gazing south from the building that houses the Beijing headquarters of Goldman Sachs, UBS AG and JPMorgan Chase & Co.,"

I'm about to show my ignorance once again but I thought that China's government ran their own banking???

Have the Goldman Sachs of the world managed to get their tenticles into the banking system of China?

Anybody know off the top of their head?

Stagflationary Mark said...

mab,

The Fed's Hypocritic Oath: Do not undo harm!

That is one of the FUNNIEST things ever posted on my blog.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Stagflationary Mark said...

watchtower,

Have the Goldman Sachs of the world managed to get their tenticles into the banking system of China?

I just pretty much imagined that if there was money to be made that Goldman Sachs would set up shop. I can't offer much more than that.

I can quote the movie "Better Off Dead" though!

Monique Junot: He keeps putting his testicles all over me.
Lane Myer: Excuse me?
Monique Junot: You know, like octopus? Testicles?
Lane Myer: Ohhhh. Tentacles. N-T. Big Difference.

watchtower said...

My spelling left a little to be desired on that one : )

By the way, "I want my two dollars!"

Stagflationary Mark said...

watchtower,

By the way, "I want my two dollars!"

I'm picturing 200 million bicycle riding Chinese paper delivery boys on the horizon all dressed in black while I fumble my car keys!!!