Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Sarcasm Report v.28

Slumping Treasury bond prices send stocks lower

"Will the economy grow and expand vigorously in the face of sustained higher interest rates?"

Oh oh. Something seems horribly wrong. This is WAY too easy. What's that "vigorously" doing there? Holy cow! It's a frickin' rhetorical question with just a hint of sarcasm. Why didn't I see that earlier? I can't use sarcasm to heckle valid sarcasm. The entire integrity of my blog fall would fall apart. Yet, I can't back down now. I've already committed to this sarcasm report and I've gone live!

What would mainstream media do? Is there a way to gracefully recover and somehow work some sarcasm in from another angle? How much could sustained higher interest rates really hurt our resilient economy? Hmmm...




Whew! That was a close one.

2 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

Have you seen tha poster on my site that reads:
"Sarcasm is Just One More Free Service We Offer"

This post was dripping with sarcasm, which is my favorite liquid other than beer.

I left a great SPAM note on the blog tonight to keep the debate going.

Great posts today Mark, you were on fire!

Stagflationary Mark said...

GYSC,

"Sarcasm is Just One More Free Service We Offer"

Yes, it made me laugh!

If you feel so inclined check out one of my most sarcastic posts ever. I heckled the 2005 article titled "Don't Buy Housing Bubble Propaganda" using the power of hindsight. Here's what really made me laugh though. He used sarcasm! Nothing is more fun than using sarcasm to heckle faulty sarcasm!

http://illusionofprosperity.blogspot.com/2009/02/housing-bubble-memory-lane.html

If you love sarcasm, you are going to pee your pants! Turkey shoot!