Monday, March 2, 2009

The Mockery Economy

Median Home Price in Detroit Drops to $7,500

On a positive note, Detroit's homicide rate dropped 14 percent last year. That prompted mayoral candidate Stanley Christmas to tell the Detroit News recently, "I don't mean to be sarcastic, but there just isn't anyone left to kill."

This is greatly concerning to me on a personal level. We can't all be offering premium sarcasm. At some point there will be a glut. I'm in serious danger of being crowded out.

It starts off with a mayoral candidate or two. It then works its way through Congress. The Chinese pick up on it and offer college level courses on the use of sarcasm to mock the American economy. Hundreds of millions of people get training far in advance of my own self-taught training. I then abandon sarcasm or at the very least outsource it once I realize that I can no longer compete. Things might look good for a while as I enjoy the premium content flowing to this blog from remote parts of the world at pennies on the dollar. It will end with a sarcasm crisis though, if history is any indicator.

No comments: