Friday, January 30, 2009

Worst January on Record

U.S. stocks end worst January on record with more losses

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks finished lower on Friday, with poor economic data and concerns about plans to rescue ailing banks leading the market to its worst January performance on record.

I almost missed the ride. Capitulation has been shown to be a losing strategy. Never try to market time a continuing disaster. I got lucky this time. Whew!

October 17, 2008

I'm Capitulating

I'm taking the cowards way out and locking in my anti-prosperity thoughts while the locking in is good.

I guess that means I'm long-term prosperity neutral right now. I'd certainly never bet against Warren Buffett. I won't be buying stocks though. I'm fine with the real yields that TIPS currently offer. I will also continue to hoard toilet paper. Some habits may never die, lol.


December 31, 2008
I'm Back (Musical Tribute)

I never thought I'd see the day when the NAR admits that a market is beginning to buckle. By using the word "beginning" it implies that the NAR expects even more buckling. Wow. Do they not want their real estate agents to have any work here in Seattle? Who would buy a house if even more buckling is on the way?

I wish to offer a special thanks to Lawrence Yun of the National Association of Realtors. It was his thoughtful "beginning to buckle" observation that shocked some sense back into me.

Based on the date of my return, I'm tempted to offer an evil Mwuhahaha laugh right about now. However, I think I'll use the time more constructively to ponder the exponentially increasing risks to my retirement nest egg instead. Ouch. Sob. Sigh.

No comments: