Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bernanke's Forecast vs. Mine

Bernanke foresees slow U.S. growth

The U.S. economy is in for slow growth for the next several years, and there is much uncertainty even in that prediction, U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday.

If the forecast is wrong, there is a greater chance that growth will be slower than expected, rather than faster, he told the Senate Banking Committee.


The sun is out today. I'm forecasting 173 degree heat here in Renton, WA. If my forecast is wrong, there is a greater chance that the temperature will be lower than expected, rather than higher.

I'm also predicting that gasoline prices will be $117.73 per gallon the next time I fill up my tank. If my forecast is wrong, there is a greater chance that the price will be lower than expected, rather than higher.

And lastly, I just ate a granola bar. I'm predicting that I gained 2,721 pounds when I check the bathroom scale a few moments from now. If my forecast is wrong, there is a greater chance I'll be lighter than expected, rather than heavier.

Here's hoping all my forecasts are wrong.

No comments: