Thursday, May 1, 2008

FOMC Announcement Through the Eyes of Yoda

The Federal Open Market Committee: Press Release

To lower its target for the federal funds rate 25 basis points to 2 percent the federal open market committee decided today.

Softened further, household and business spending has been subdued and labor markets have.

Be necessary to continue to monitor inflation developments carefully, it will.

I think that pretty much clears up any ambiguity.

Source:

Learn to Talk Like Yoda with The Yoda Speak Generator

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stag,

Wise is Obi Ben Bernankobe.

Stagflationary Mark said...

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. - Yoda

Stagflationary Mark said...

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will. - Yoda

The Coming Demographic Transition: Will We Treat Future Generations Fairly?
http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/speech/bernanke20061004a.htm

Saving more requires that we consume less (to free up the needed resources) or work more (to increase the amount of output available to dedicate to such activities). Either case entails some sacrifice on the part of the current generation.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to take this off-topic, but Barry R. (Big Picture blog) just linked to the new I-bond index rates: 0.0%.

But that's OK, since the Treasury in an effort to protect Mom and Pop investors from loading the boat on what is now a negative real return after taxes, lowered the annual purchase limit back on Jan 1.

Stagflationary Mark said...

AllanF,

As far as I'm concerned, nothing is off topic around here.

The I-Bond story is a big one and I apparently noticed it just before you posted your comment.

It took me a long time to gather my thoughts on that one, since I-Bonds are rather important to me.

It also took extra time to write, because steam was coming out of my ears (well, somewhat anyway).