Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Consistency in the White House (Musical Tribute)

Versus: RAILROADED
Can’t we bring back F.D.R.?

I've been trying to think of something nice to say about our current administration. In 2004, I said President Bush was good for gold. I think I have found something else nice to say: Consistency!

War Policy
1. Shock and Awe (extreme bombing)
2. Mission Accomplished (smoke and mirrors)
3. Quagmire (cold hard reality)

Economic Policy
1. Shock and Awe (extreme stimulus)
2. Mission Accomplished (smoke and mirrors)
3. Quagmire (cold hard "realty")

Mantra: Combining the very best of the 1930s with the very best of the 1970s since 2000!

Special thanks to Marcy Shaffer and all those at Versus for supplying great song parodies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recently I tried to think of one good thing, too.

The Freedom Car sounded good until I learned it was just a BS Hydrogen-from Fossil Fuels thing.

The VC investment of the late 90s totaled $100B or so. We've been blowing that every year in Iraq for the bulk of that man's presidency.

Thanks Ralph.

Anonymous said...

Stag,

I saw G.W. pardon a turkey last November.

That shows his compassion. Or conservatism. Or maybe both.

Stagflationary Mark said...

troy,

Rumor has it that the freedom fries will soon be fat free (no oil!). ;)

MAB,

Birds of a feather flock together!